Learning Swahili and meeting local people
Another thing Catherine said was:
"As well as students and staff at the school I can take you to meet some of our family and neighbours so you can see some of Kenyan life. Most people here speak Kikuyu as their first language and then Swahili for wider communication. I know a lot more Swahili than Kikuyu so far, so maybe you also would like to start on Swahili. We could get one of my friends to teach you some or maybe the students would like to give you a lesson at the school? That could be quite fun."
"As well as students and staff at the school I can take you to meet some of our family and neighbours so you can see some of Kenyan life. Most people here speak Kikuyu as their first language and then Swahili for wider communication. I know a lot more Swahili than Kikuyu so far, so maybe you also would like to start on Swahili. We could get one of my friends to teach you some or maybe the students would like to give you a lesson at the school? That could be quite fun."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home