Monday, April 11, 2005

Visa's

I know I sent this out as an email a while back but I thought I would post it anyway, just in case people had lost the email.

1. Download the form from http://www.kenyahighcommission.com/. Go to Immigration/Consular page, then to Passports and Visa's page and scroll down to the visa section and the requirements for getting one. Everything I'm saying on this email can be ready online too.
2. As well as a completed application form - you will also need to send off the following
  • One recent passport size photo.
  • Travel itinerary or business letter or flight schedule
  • A valid passport with at least one unused page for endorsement. It should be valid for at least three months at the date of entry to Kenya. (4)
  • Visa fee - single entry (5)
  • A stamped self addressed envelope preferably special delivery (for postal applications). (6)
  • Indicate your daytime telephone number
3. Catherine said she sent a flight schedule and it was fine. I have our schedule and can make photocopies for people.
4. Passports - make sure everyone has valid passports and that you do this as far in advance as you can - so that you get your passport back in time.
5. Visa fee. A single entry costs £30 and they only accept Postal Cheques. You go to the post office, pay them the money and they give you a cheque. It's apparently more secure. They don't accept ordinary cheques or credit cards unfortunately.
6. The address to send it is on the form. They take around 5 working days to process your visa and send it back to you. Once issued it is valid for 3 months. If you don't like the idea of sending your passport in the post then you can go in person to the embassy as a personal caller and then it only takes 3 days to process and you hand it to them in person. The opening times and address are on the downloadable form.
May I suggest that we all send in our visa forms together and I can take them in by hand when I start back at uni so as to shorten the time period they will have our passports. Any questions just post them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home