Monday, April 18, 2005

Hep B Jab

Question from Dave: the hep B jab, i was under the impression it could only be passed on through bodily fluid. As we're gonna steer clear of blood transfusions is there any need for it? (thus any need to spend 70 odd quid)

Answer: Yep you are right that Hep B is passed on by bodily fluid. I had been told that I only needed it if we were working with children, entering a slum area or doing medical work (blood transfusions). Subsequently I was more concerned about having the Rabies jab, until Gerald told me what his doc said. Gerald was told by his doctor to take it because we were doing manual work and if any of us cut ourselves, there might be a possibility of infection to the blood through water supplies or things that we come in contact with. I know its quite steep financially to get this jab so it comes down to a personal choice. Catherine didn't think it was necessary and you don't need to have it to enter the country. It's just one of many precautions that you can take but God willing we won't have any accidents whilst we are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home