Safari - definites!
I've just received word from Catherine. Here is what she says:
Good news about the safari. We can go on any day of the week because there
are enough people to make it a private tour, ie, just us in the van (at the
minute I'm thinking of coming but David will stay behind, if that's ok).
It's actually with a different company to the one I had in mind and it's
even going to be a bit cheaper - 215 dollars. I'm now thinking it would be
best to go as soon as the others arrive in Kenya rather than at the end.
This way we make the best use of time without risking you missing the plane
home if there happened to be some kind of hold-up on the return to Nairobi.
The only thing is, if the others haven't slept on the plane they might be
very tired; do you think they will be ok? And anything they want to do in
Nairobi will have to be on the last day. The good thing about it being a
private tour is that if the plane in is late, we don't miss the safari, and
if it is on time we can set off earlier than we would otherwise and get more
time for a game drive. They can even pick us up from the airport if that's
what we want. The company is called Best Camping Tours and if you want you
can look them up on www.kenyaweb.com/bestcampingtours
I took the liberty of looking up our particular safari and here is its schedule in detail:
DAY 1: NAIROBI / MASAI MARA
10.00 hrs: Leave Nairobi via the Great Rift Valley for Masai Mara Game Reserve, picnic lunch en route. On arrival, proceed for a game drive in search of black maned lion, elephants, leopard and cheetah, buffalo and other plains games. Return to the camp for dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: MASAI MARA
06.30 hrs: Proceed for an early morning pre-breakfast game drive. Return to the camp for breakfast.
10.30 hrs: After breakfast proceed for a further game drive. Lunch at the campsite.
15.30 hrs: After lunch a further game drive. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
DAY 3: MASAI MARA / NAIROBI
08.30 hrs: After breakfast leave Masai Mara for Nairobi arriving around 16.00 hrs.
So guys what needs to happen now is the following- I need you to confirm that you are OK with the amount and the details above
- Once that is done, I will tell Catherine to go ahead and book it
- I would then need cheques from you made payable to Catherine, for that amount, which we would then send to her parents in Devon. I can do the mailing and I'll get Catherine to confirm the exact price (I assume it will be in dollars).
- Do check out the website - its very interesting!


1 Comments:
Looks good to me.
Post a Comment
<< Home